Action: Secondary plat for lot “E” at Saxony Corporate Campus
- What it means: Parcel “E” in Saxony Corporate Campus is a 1.8 acre lot that will be the new home of Famous Dave’s BBQ restaurant. Permits were recently issued allowing ground to be broken.
- What’s next: The 5,371-square-foot building is expected to be open later this summer.
Action: Contract for 2012 Preserve America consultant
- What it means: The City of Noblesville will hire Tiffany C. Hatfield to oversee and run a Preserve America Student Docent Pilot Program for up to six different heritage tourism organizations in the downtown Noblesville vicinity. Hatfield will hire, train and oversee student docents, as well as work with heritage tourism organizations to create information for the docents to share with visitors.
- What’s next: Hatfield will be paid $5,000 with 50 percent paid in May and the remaining 50 percent will be paid when consultant submits a project report/manual in September.
Action: Contract for 2012 street rehabilitation
- What it means: E&B Paving was awarded the street rehabilitation contract for the amount of $1,092,150. The contract includes the construction of 22,650 linear feet of roadway rehabilitation including patching, surface milling, HMA surface and ADA ramp replacement, brick street patching and concrete sidewalk replacement.
- What’s next: The contract became effective on April 3 and work will begin as weather permits.
Action: Contract for Eighth and Cherry streets parking lot
- What it means: E&B Paving was awarded the parking lot contract for the amount of $129,796. The contract includes the construction of an approximately 600-square-yard pervious paver parking lot, including 650 linear feet of 18-inch box curb, landscaping, 1,400 square yards of surface pavement milling and 150 tons of HMA surface.
- What’s next: Construction will begin this spring and be completed by the end of summer/early fall.