Action: Extension of Supt. Libbie Conner’s contract
- What it means: Supt. Libbie Conner’s contract was extended by the Noblesville School Board. Changes made to her contract include a salary increase from $150,000 to $157,200 with a one-time stipend of $3,750. Conner will also receive $20,000 annually ($10,000 more than her previous contract) contributed to a 401(a) tax deferred annuity. The $600 per month compensation for the superintendent’s vehicle was removed.
- What’s next: The contract will run through June 30, 2014.
Action: Transfer lights to Noblesville Girls Softball Association
- What it means: The school district will transfer the old soccer lights at Hazel Dell Elementary School to the NGSA. The district does not anticipate needing these lights at any other location because they are too short to be used at baseball and football facilities.
- What’s next: The NGSA will pay for the removal, transfer and setup of the lights at the fields along Monument Street.
Action: Addition of certified personnel
- What it means: Because of more enrollment numbers than expected, four teaching positions have been added at Noblesville West Middle School. The four positions will create a team of seventh-grade teachers. If not added, class sizes were estimated at 33 students per room.
- What’s next: The staffing needs will begin in the 2012-2013 school year.
Action: Changes to Policy 7510 (Use of School Facilities)
- What it means: Certain facilities and equipment owned by Noblesville Schools are available for use by various community groups. The new policy provides a four-tier system with varying costs and terms according to the nature of the groups and the desired facilities and equipment. Groups are required to provide proof of liability insurance.
- What’s next: The new policy is in effect with costs ranging from $20 to $55 per hour, depending on custodial and technical support needed. All school-sponsored activities, teams, clubs, performing arts groups and AYS (verify what AYS stands for) will not be charged.