Oreo cookies are one of my weaknesses, and Oreo Bark is oh-so-yummy!
I made this on a whim the other day (an experimental recipe at the time) and brought it to a party with me. I got a lot of compliments on it and it was so simple that I was almost embarrassed to share my “recipe.”
This is so simple that it hardly constitutes a “recipe,” but here goes:
18 Oreo cookies (I like “Double Stuf” ones, but regular work fine, too)
1 bag white chocolate chips
1. Line a 9-by-13 pan with wax paper. Be sure to leave some paper hanging over the edges of the pan – this will come in handy later.
2. Coarsely crush 15 Oreos.
3. Carefully melt the chocolate in a heat-safe bowl in the microwave at 50-percent power for 10 to 20 seconds at a time, stirring in between heatings, until the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to overheat.
4. Let the chocolate cool in the bowl for a few minutes. Careful, the bowl will be quite hot.
5. Add the crushed Oreos into the chocolate and mix gently.
6. Pour the mixture into the lined pan and spread until smooth.
7. Coarsely crush the remaining three Oreos and sprinkle them on top.
8. Let the mixture cool completely then lift it out of the pan by grasping the edges of the wax paper.
9. Break the bark apart using your hands or a fork.
And the most important part … enjoy eating this yummy yummy treat!