One of my favorite items to craft with is Styrofoam. Styrofoam comes in so many shapes and sizes, plus you can cut larger pieces to be in any size or shape you want. It is a lot of fun – a bit messy sometimes, but a lot of fun.
I decided to combine a couple of other, unexpected items with Styrofoam eggs to make a really fun and simple Easter or spring decoration.
These are really so simple and the color options are endless too! I am loving my tissue paper and yarn Easter egg décor!
Here is what you will need to make your own egg décor: Styrofoam eggs, tissue paper, yarn, Mod Podge, and foam brush.
Here is how to make them:
- Rip tissue paper into small pieces with varying sizes. There is no need to be a perfectionist, just rip the tissue paper up in any manner.
- Using your foam brush, apply Mod Podge to the tissue paper and cover the Styrofoam eggs with the tissue paper and Mod Podge.
- Let it dry.
- Apply a second layer of tissue paper and Mod Podge to each Styrofoam egg.
- Cut yarn and dip to coat in the Mod Podge, squeeze off excess.
- Wrap yarn around eggs. Let dry completely.
And aren’t they so cute? And with so many tissue paper and yarn options, you can truly customize these to make them completely your own.
Decorating for spring and Easter is one of my favorite things to do, and I can’t wait to show you a few more fun ideas this year!
You can find this and other fabulous ideas at www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com, www.facebook.com/simplydesigning, at Twitter @SimplyDesigning, Google+ and on Pintrest at SimplyDesigning.