Have you ever thought about becoming a volunteer with Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation? Currently, Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation has more than 700 volunteers who served nearly 4,500 hours last year. Our volunteer base is an invaluable asset – if these hours were compensated, it would be nearly $100,000.
These volunteers come from diverse levels of background and experience. More than half of the Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation volunteer team is comprised of high school students. And, as part of our unparalleled adaptive program, Carmel Clay Parks created a special program for volunteers with disabilities.
There are countless opportunities to help out the community and participate in events through volunteer work. Why should you become a volunteer?
- To make a difference
- To give back to the community
- To become affiliated with Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation, its mission, staff, programs and events
- To achieve a sense of accomplishment
- To meet outstanding people who care about the community and our mission
- To acquire community service hours for school, projects, etc.
- To earn recommendations for future employment or college
- To build your resume and further your professional development
- And finally, to have fun
There are several upcoming opportunities for people ages 14 and older who wish to volunteer including Kid Koncerts, Movies in the Park, Touch a Truck, Monon Mixer (adult volunteers only), and Family Campouts. Contact Camille Nelsen, Volunteer Coordinator, at 843-3868 or email@example.com for more information.
Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation serves the recreation, fitness and nature needs of the community, manages and develops existing spaces and resources and creates a sustainable future for parks and recreation programs through a financially viable and environmentally conscious parks system. CCPR manages and maintains more than 500 park acres and numerous recreation facilities, including the Monon Community Center. For more information, visit www.carmelclayparks.com.