Commentary by Marnie Cooke
As we kick-off the new school year, I wanted to share some remarkable facts about Noblesville Schools. We’re proud of the hard work our students, teachers, staff and administrators played in making these achievements a reality. We also appreciate the support of the Noblesville community – you are an important part of our success! We will be busy again this year serving our students, and I look forward to more exciting accomplishments to share in the future.
Did you know that this past school year:
- We were the only district in Hamilton County to receive all As from the Indiana Department of Education.
- West Middle, Hinkle Creek and NHS were named 4-star schools, again!
- We were one of only a few districts in the nation with Project Lead The Way (science, technology, engineering, math curriculum) implemented K-12.
- NHS was named one of the best high schools in the nation (and #6 in the state) in a national ranking.
- We avoided over a million dollars in energy costs thanks to our conservation initiatives.
- Other high-performing school districts visited us to learn more about our successes.
- We received a Champions Together honor from Special Olympics- one of only 26 schools in the state.
- We were rated the best district in Hamilton County for our initial bus fleet safety record.
- Our internship program was referred to by WTHR as “ranking top in the state”.
- NHS received the national Safe Sports School award, one of only nine schools in Indiana.
- We were named by a national association as a Best Community for Music Education, one of only eight in Indiana.
- We served almost 10,000 students who spoke 44 different home languages.
- West Middle was chosen by the state to host the Hoosier Student Digital Leader Showcase.
- Our district hosted over 500 educators from around the region studying the latest in educational technology.
- Final Project Fit wellness equipment was implemented, making us the only district in the state with Project Fit at all elementary schools.
- Our NHS jazz director was named Indiana Jazz Educator of the Year.
- We exceeded the state benchmark for Advanced Placement (AP) by up to 20 percentage points for the fifth consecutive year.
- We hosted over 14,000 hours of community programming in our facilities.
- We served more than 6,000 meals a day through our food services department.
- Our technology director was named to a statewide eLearning committee post.
- Our NHS student athletes averaged an impressive 3.4 grade point average.
- East Middle received the All-Music award from the Indiana State Music Association
- Our students were active in over 300 school athletic teams, clubs and organizations.
- Our Athletic Director was named District 3 AD of the year.
Marnie Cooke is the Director of Marketing and Communications. She may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.