A few weeks ago, Noblesville began its street rehabilitation projects.
The projects are aimed to make improvements to infrastructure in the city.
The city said this year’s list of rehabilitation projects has expanded to include more asphalt replacement than prior years.
“Noblesville’s $1.8 million road and alley repaving project contains projects in every quadrant of the city and will positively impact resident’s neighborhoods and traveling motorists,” Mayor John Ditslear said.
City Engineer John Beery said projects include 6.8 miles of street and 0.9 miles of alleys in Old Town.
“Over the past year, we have completely inventoried and viewed all streets and alleys. Once each road is evaluated and graded, a street rehabilitation list is made based on priority,” he said. “We make every effort to address the worst ones or areas.”
Resurfacing projects include the neighborhoods of Wellington, North and South Harbour, Monterey Village, James Place, Prairie Crossing, Cumberland Pointe, Old Town and various thoroughfares.
City officials said signs are placed on-site one week before construction begins, and mailings will be sent to affected homeowners. Local residents and drivers should expect some inconveniences, including traffic delays, temporary loss of street parking, construction noise and access restrictions.
Project status and updates will be reported via the city’s social media feeds. For more, contact the Noblesville Engineering Dept. at 317-776-6330.
STREET REHABILITATION PROJECTS
- Miscellaneous thoroughfares: Willowview Road (171st Street to Ind.32), Cherry Tree Road (171st Street to south of Black Oak Drive), Hazel Dell turn lane (Belchamp Drive) and Ar Les Drive
- Cumberland Pointe: Cumberland Pointe Boulevard, Golden Drive (Cumberland Pointe to Cumberland Pointe) and Gallow Lane
- James Place: Monticello Court and Overland Court
- Monterey Village: Monterey Court, East Terrace Drive, Hollowview Court, Whispering Willow Drive and Whispering Willow Court (north and south)
- North Harbour: Banbury Road (Carrigan Road to Queensbury Drive), Queensbury Drive, Westchester Boulevard (Cheshire Circle to end of street), Harbour Trees Lane and Wesley Circle.
- Old Town street approaches: 12th and Logan streets (both approaches), 14th and Clinton streets (south approach) and 14th and Logan streets (south approach)
- Old Town alleys: Wayne Street (10th to 12th streets), Wayne Street (14th to 16th streets), Conner Street (13th to 18th streets), 12th Street (Cherry Street to Maple Avenue), 11th Street (Plum to Vine streets) and Pleasant Street (9th to 10th streets)
- Prairie Crossing: Prairie Crossing Drive (Lakeview Drive 0.44 miles north), Meadow Rue Road (Prairie Crossing Drive 130 feet west) and Lakeview Drive (Long Walk Lane to Hague Road)
- South Harbour: Bittersweet Court, Catalpa Court, Redwood Circle, Butternut Court, Snowberry Court, Tulip Court, Buckeye Court, Ash Circle, Sweetgum Court, Ironwood Circle, Willow Way and Willow Court
- Wellington Estates: Ashbourne Drive (Somerset Court to end of street), Somerset Court, Cambridge Court, Manchester Court and White Haven Court
- Wellington Overlook: Wellington Overlook East, Wellington Overlook North and Wellington Overlook South