By Desiree Williams
The Boone County Chamber of Commerce hosted its annual awards banquet Nov. 13 to recognize successful businesses and organizations within the county.
Through the theme of “Building the Future Together” and the image of a gear to represent that theme, Boone County Chamber Executive Director Diane Schultz said the banquet highlighted how the chamber is partnering with six communities for progress.
“Just as gears connecting create speed and power, increasing their effectiveness, Boone County businesses, organizations and communities collaborating and working together have a greater effectiveness continuing to create a county that is a strong thriving region to live, work and enjoy an exceptional quality of life,” Shultz said.
The chamber presented three awards that were voted on by chamber and community members. Witham Health Services won Featured Business of the Year, the Community Foundation of Boone County was selected as the Nonprofit of the Year, and Business Professional of the Year was presented to Amy Hammerle of United Way of Central Indiana.
Boone County businesses and organizations also collaborated to select and present seven community awards.
Shultz said the chamber will embody “Building the Future Together” outside of the awards banquet. The chamber has created a monthly event, “Off the Clock,” to connect businesses and community members. It is held the fourth Thursday of each month from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at various businesses.
For more, visit boonechamber.org.
- Emergency Provider of the Year: Darrin Smith
- Health Care Provider of the Year: Dr. P.T. Buntin
- Richard G. Brown Memorial Law Enforcement Officer of the Year: Boone County Sheriff Mike Nielsen
- Educator of the Year: Kelly Sollman and Elizabeth King (Lebanon Community Schools), Kim Carlson (Western Boone Community Schools), Blair Williams (Zionsville Community Schools)
- Agriculture Professional of the Year: Caleb Michalke
- Hometown Community Service Award: Elmer and Helen Parks
- Children’s Champion Award: Deb Martin