On May 23, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Planning Organization awarded $61.5 million in funding for infrastructure projects. The projects will go to bid in 2022 or 2023.
Fishers, Noblesville and Westfield were among central Indiana cities that received the funding. Some of the projects are as follows:
- A multi-use trail in Beech Grove
- A roundabout in Fishers
- School zone safety enhancements in Franklin and Greenfield
- A bicycle trail in Greenfield
- Two multi-use paths in Noblesville
- Multiple pedestrian safety enhancements and bridge-rehabilitation projects in Indianapolis
- Bus stop shelters in Plainfield
- Two roundabouts in Westfield
- Dan Jones Road widening in Avon
- Widening of Emerson Avenue in Indianapolis
Projects that were awarded funding were required to fall into at least one of four categories: safety, air quality, transportation alternatives or surface transportation.
For more, visit indympo.org.