Background Info: This home in the Long Ridge West neighborhood of West Carmel doesn’t appear to need much remodeling. The reason the homeowners were looking to remodel was not because the space was outdated but because it didn’t function well for them.
The original basement was underutilized because it lacked defined spaces and storage solutions. The layout of the space didn’t work for how the homeowners wanted to use it. The original basement used basic materials that didn’t fit the homeowners’ personal style.
The goal was to create a space that the homeowners could use to entertain family and friends by adding defined spaces and storage.
- The biggest transformation came from adding a wet bar with and peninsula for seating. The new cabinetry added plenty of storage space.
- In addition to the bar seating, bench seating also was added around the pool table near the bar area. Bench seating is a perfect hidden storage solution.
- A theater room was created by adding a wall and a doorway with a sliding barn door. This makes it easy to close off the theater room for privacy or leave it open to the rest of the basement.
- An entertainment system was added, creating convenient storage for the sound system, game consoles and controllers.
- Additionally, new luxury vinyl tile replaced the carpet throughout the basement.