Background Info: This home in the Arbor Glen neighborhood of Fishers was still in great condition, but the basement needed some attention. The home was built in 2012. Although the basement was already finished, the homeowner was looking for a more custom design.
The original basement was only partially finished and felt very dark and crowded. The unfinished portion was not being utilized by the homeowner. Space for entertaining guests was limited and there weren’t clearly defined spaces.
The goal was to transform the existing basement into a more inviting space where the homeowner can entertain guests.
- The largest transformation came from creating an entertainment system that allowed watching three sports games at once. Built-in cabinetry was added for storage.
- In addition, the unfinished area of the basement was transformed into a home theater, making it a perfect place for large groups to gather.
- There also were several updates made to the basement bar, including new cabinetry and replacing the upper cabinets with floating shelves, making the space feel more open.
- Additionally, the bar backsplash was replaced with a geometric vinyl wallpaper adding visual interest to the space.
- New luxury vinyl flooring was added throughout the lower level.