On April 25, , Riverview Health Foundation played host to its 15th annual Women of Vision Luncheon for more than 300 attendees and raised more than $60,000 to benefit women’s services, programs and equipment at Riverview Health.
This year, the Women of Vision Giving Club surpassed more than $500,000 in funds raised and granted since its inception.
The Women of Vision Giving Club grants, totaling $39,456, were presented at the luncheon to the following areas and programs at Riverview Health:
- Radiation/Oncology for a breast cancer handbook that helps with treatment options and coping mechanisms.
- Women’s Center to help provide items to patients during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Maternity department for its pregnancy and infant loss program, adolescent and peer pregnancy support group and new parent support program, which provides lactation support, car seats and sleep sacks, among other items.
- Cardiovascular department for its new women’s heart health event.
- Rehab and Fitness to help patients with lymphedema treatment supplies.
- Women’s Boutique to help provide services and products to cancer and maternity patients.
- Touch of Love Program, which is led by all volunteers and provides handmade blankets and items for newborn babies and cancer patients.
“We’re so grateful that through the funds raised by the Women of Vision Giving Club, we’re able to touch the lives of so many women,” said Megan Wiles, executive director of Riverview Health Foundation. “Whether it’s during a happy time of welcoming a new baby or a more challenging circumstance like breast cancer, we hope to help women through their unique journeys in some way through each grant awarded. It’s truly touching to hear stories about patients, such as a husband who cried after he found out his wife would be given a breast prothesis from the Women’s Boutique that insurance wouldn’t cover — all thanks to the Women of Vision Club grants.”
For more or to make a donation to the Women of Vision Giving Club, visit rivervew.org/donations.