There will be one slice of drama at the 37th Annual Lantern Awards.
Sundown Gardens and Jan’s Village Pizza are the two finalists for Business of the Year. The winner will be decided by a vote on the Westfield Chamber of Commerce website, westfield-chamber.org, and the winner will be announced at the Lantern Awards, which will be held at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 20 at The Palomino Ballroom in Zionsville.
The owners of Sundown Gardens are Brian and Mary Kirchner. Jan’s Village Pizza is owned by Kim Kercheval
“Both were nominated by community or board members, but for different reasons,” Westfield Chamber of Commerce Interim President Nick Verhoff said. “Jan’s has been a staple of our downtown for many years and Sundown Gardens (has been) for investing in the Westfield community after leaving Carmel.”
The event starts with cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, followed by dinner at 7:30 p.m. Matt Roush will provide music entertainment. The awards begin at 8:15 p.m.
Melissa Estabrook, events director for the Westfield Chamber, said it is the organization’s largest event of the year.
Individual tickets are $60 and a corporate table of eight is $600.
The chamber is seeking donations and raffle prizes for the awards dinner. All donations will be highlighted in the program and chamber website. Raffle tickets are sold to benefit the scholarship fund and the service organization of the year. To donate, call 317-804-3030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The 50/50 raffle tickets are $20 each.
2019 Lantern Award winners
- Globe Award (Service Organization): Christian Youth Theater
- Emerging Leader (Young Professional): Victor McCarty
- Spark Award (New Business): Community First Bank of Indiana
- Wick Award (Volunteer of the year): Joe and Alice Trentman
- Beacon Award (Citizen of the year): Bob Beauchamp
- Shamrock Excellence Award (Westfield Schools): Bill Davis
- Special Recognition: Riverview Award