This 1972 home is in Indianapolis’ Pickwick Commons neighborhood. Like many homes from that time, it had a tri-level floorplan that lacked extra living space. The homeowners wanted to extend their home’s footprint beyond the kitchen by adding a great room and a new screened-in porch.
- The new great room has 560 square feet of additional living space – plenty of room for the family’s piano and ample space for visiting with family and friends.
- The double-sided fireplace connects the new great room to the new screened-in porch.
- Beautiful wood flooring seamlessly connects the kitchen and great room.
- Outside, a stamped concrete floor and stacked stone fireplace create a cozy retreat.
- The kitchen also was remodeled during the process.
Larry Greene is the owner of Case Design/Remodeling; email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit caseindy.com for more remodeling inspiration and advice.