From the kitchen of Current columnist Chef Ozzie.
Roasted Cinnamon Almonds
1 large egg white
1 teaspoon cold water
2 cups whole raw almonds
¾ cup IDEAL® No Calorie Sweetener
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ cup IDEAL® No Calorie Sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Lightly grease a short-sided cookie pan (10-inch × 15-inch jelly roll pan).
3. Lightly beat egg white; add water and beat until frothy but not stiff.
4. Add nuts and toss until evenly coated.
5. Mix ¾ cup IDEAL®, salt and 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon and toss in nut/egg white
mixture until evenly coated.
6. Spread evenly on prepared pan.
7. Bake for one hour, stirring occasionally.
8. Remove from oven; leave in pan and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
9. While still sticky and warm, mix ½ cup IDEAL® and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and
toss with nuts, making sure to separate and coat all nuts.
10. When cool, store in airtight container.
This recipe makes 15 1-ounce servings (approximately 24 almonds per serving).
Per Serving: 130 Calories, 4g Protein, 9g Total Fat, 9g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 1g Sugar, 45mg Sodium, 0mg Cholesterol