Carmel girls continue streak
The Carmel High School Girls Swimming and Diving Team won its 26th consecutive state championship Feb. 10 and 11 in Indianapolis. With 329 points, CHS’s total was nearly double state runner-up, Zionsville. The program’s dynastic streak is the longest active streak of consecutive state titles in high school sports, and is the third longest all time. Carmel’s individual champions included seniors Margaret Ramsey and Alexis Bullard, and two relay teams that included (along with Ramsey and Bullard) junior Lacey Locke, senior Lucy Kramer, sophomore Hanna House and junior Ariana Bullard.
Ziel elected Chamber board chair
Susan Ziel has been elected the 44th board chair of the Carmel Chamber of Commerce. Ziel is a nurse attorney and partner with the law firm of Krieg DeVault, where she is a core member of both the Health Care and Life Sciences Practice Groups. Other officers for 2012 include:
- Chair-elect – Mike Vall, chief operating officer, Firestone Diversified Products
- Treasurer – Ron Hanson, ChFC, CDFA, CSA, partner, Hanson & Snyder Personal Financial Advisors
- Secretary – Joshua Carr, financial representative, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
- Past Chair – Lynda Smirz, M.D., IU Health North Hospital
New 2012 Board Members are:
- Jo Biggers, vice president, treasurer and controller, MISO
- Cheri Dick, executive director, Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre
- Jud Scott, president, Vine & Branch Inc.
CHS band members selected for All-State band
Carmel High School students Nicole Lafave, Sarina Allison, Eleni Georgiadis, Emily Roberts, Emily Reidy, Glen Dash, SusySmit, Jacob Hook, Courtney Glait and Steven Frankeny have been selected to participate in the 52nd annual Indiana All-State High School Band Festival. Each student participated in a highly competitive audition held last month. More than 700 musicians applied to audition. All members of the All-State band will participate in a series of activities including seating auditions, sectionals and full rehearsals. A grand finale concert will be performed for the public March 11, 2:30 p.m. in the Elliot Hall of Music at Purdue University. For more information, visit www.indianabandmasters.org.