The 2012 Princesses for Peace annual 4k run/walk will take place on Sunday, March 4, at 1 p.m. The flat, family-friendly, out-and-back course starts at the Monon Community Center. Participants — men, women, boys and girls — are encouraged to come in costume. The event costs $20 (age 12 and under free), with all funds going to the the Butler University College of Education Minority Scholarship Fund. Each year, race organizers, including Martha Moseley and Holly Wheeler, choose a beneficiary. The scholarship fund was chosen to honor and remember Kay Harmless, one of the group’s very own special princesses who passed away in 2011. Kay taught at Butler University and was invested deeply in education across the state of Indiana.
The event will feature prizes for participants, such as silliest princess, prettiest princess, princess who has come the farthest, Queen Bee, smallest princess/child, most creative princess and bravest knight. Attendees are encouraged to wear a tiara, dress the role of a princess/prince, queen/king or prince for the run. Kids are welcome (age 12 and under free). Runners and walkers are invited to stick around for a post-race party at Detours (Main Street and the Monon Trail).
- What: Princess for Peace 4K Run/Walk
- When: Sunday, March 4, 1 p.m. start time
- Where: Monon Community Center, Carmel (111th & College Ave.) Start and finish.
- Register: Online registration available at http://iwant2run.com/Princess_of_Peace.html; optional t-shirts available for $10. Race-day registration available 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Facebook: Like Princesses for Peace
- Sponsors include: Team Film, Divvys, Detours, Flat 12 Brewery and Blue Mile