On Feb. 18, Mayor Scott Fadness will present his first State of the City address at the Fishers Chamber of Commerce luncheon at the FORUM conference center. Fadness will discuss his long range plans for the city.
He will explain that the evolving outside world has changed and to maintain long-term viability, Fishers must adapt. Fishers must become a smart, vibrant, entrepreneurial city in order to remain financially sustainable as our residential population continues to grow.
- A local government that provides efficient and effective services
- A city that is planned with thoughtful purpose and intent
- A community with a culture of excellence in education
- A sense of community through community-wide events and gathering places
- An economic development strategy that fosters a strong entrepreneurial culture and support system
- A local government with a culture of innovation and collaboration
In addition to these key points, Fadness will share his experience transitioning from the Town Manager to the Mayor of the 5th largest city in Indiana.