The 500 Festival, a nonprofit organization committed to enriching the quality of life for Indiana residents and visitors, announced the band selections for the 60th annual 500 Festival Parade, which includes the Noblesville High School Marching Millers.
This year, 14 bands from across the U.S. will march the streets of downtown Indianapolis, starting at Memorial Park, during the running of the nation’s third largest parade, the IPL 500 Festival Parade, in front of more than 300,000 spectators.
An additional one million viewers will witness these accomplished bands, larger-than-life floats and balloons, notable celebrities, and the 33 Indy 500 drivers from their homes while they watch the national and local broadcasts of the event on NBC Sports and WTHR in preparation for the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500 the following day.
Other bands that will be performing in the IPL 500 Festival Parade include:
- Beech Grove High School (Beech Grove)
- Ben Davis High School (Indianapolis)
- Castle High School Castle (Newburgh, Ind.)
- Conant High School (Hoffman Estates, Ill.)
- Crestview High School Band (Crestview, Fla.)
- Elkhart Central High School (Elkhart, Ind.)
- Gordon Pipers (Indianapolis)
- Hampton High School (Allison Park, Pa.)
- Indiana National Guard
- Indianapolis Public Schools (Indianapolis)
- National Band Association – Indiana All-Star Band
- Northeastern High School Band (Fountain City, Ind.)
- Port Huron High School (Port Huron, Mich.)
- Purdue University (Lafayette)
- South Spencer High School (Rockport, Ind.)
- Speedway High School (Speedway)
- Sumner High School (Sumner, Wash.)
- Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps (Casper, Wyo.)
The 2016 IPL 500 Festival Parade is May 28 at noon and will complement the 2016 theme, “Experience the Celebration.” Reserved bleacher seats are $15; reserved second row chair seats are $17; reserved front row chair seats are $20 and reserved VIP seats are $35.
For more on the IPL 500 Festival Parade, go to www.500festival.com/parade.