Submitted content courtesy of Chef Elsesy at CarDon’s The Reserve at Hamilton Trace
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup olive oil
1 pound shrimp 16-20 peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper as needed
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced shallots
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 each zucchini, thinly cut julienne
2 each yellow squash, thinly cut julienne
1 each red bell pepper, thinly cut julienne
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and keep refrigerated in a large size sauté pan.
- Heat half of the olive oil and half of the butter until melted and add the seasoned shrimp.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side or until it turns a pink color.
- Add ½ of the garlic then add all the shallots.
- Add lemon juice and then the chicken stock.
- Keep stirring and when it reaches boiling, turn off the heat.
- Then add the remaining butter and the chopped parsley. Keep warm until serving.
- In another sauté pan, add the remaining olive oil, and bring the heat to med-high.
- Add all the vegetables at once and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Cook until just tender, and adjust the seasoning.
To serve: Arrange the vegetables in the center of preheated dinner plate; surround with cooked shrimp then drizzle the sauce on top. Serve immediately.