On May 11, representatives from Republic Development LLC hosted a ground breaking ceremony at Jackson’s Grant on Williams Creek, at the intersection of 116th and Spring Mill Road in Carmel, for Jackson’s Grant Community and Recreation Center.
During the planning phase of Jackson’s Grant on Williams Creek, the creation of a centrally located Community and Recreation Center was envisioned to serve as the social and recreational hub of the Jackson’s Grant community.
According to a news release, the community and recreation center will feature a variety of amenities. The two-story, 7,543 square foot clubhouse will include a grand room with fireplace, bar and warming kitchen, deck overlooking Williams Creek Nature Preserve and Aquatics Center, a card and game room, and a fitness center.
Adjacent to the clubhouse there will be three outdoor pools, a tennis court, a playground, and more.
The land comprising Jackson’s Grant was deeded by President Andrew Jackson in 1834 to a local family. Since that time, the land has only been transferred one time and passed down the family line by heir. Republic Development LLC partnered with the current family owners to develop the land, which features 261 acres north of 116th Street between Spring Mill Road and Clay Center Road. For years, the site hosted foxhunts and a variety of riding events centered around the Hobby Horse Barn.
For more, visit Republic-Dev.com.