The Center for the Performing Arts has announced the upcoming season for its Peanut Butter & Jam series, which introduces children ages 1 to 7 to the performing arts.
Tickets are on sale for the 2019-20 season of monthly performances, which take place 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Saturday mornings in the Palladium and other Center venues. The casual presentations feature family friendly Indiana artists and provide interactive opportunities that engage children in the performance.
Admission is $10 per child, which includes free admission for two adults, making PB & J a convenient low-cost outing for parents or grandparents. Tickets are available through the Palladium Box Office at 317-843-3800.
The 2019-20 schedule includes:
- Sept. 14: Kid Kazooey & the Ballroom Roustabouts. low-volume, high-energy rock ’n’ roll for families with kids.
- Oct. 26: Indianapolis Opera: The Three Sillies – A fun and upbeat variation on the classic children’s fairytale.
- Nov. 23: Ruditoonz, musician Scott Rudicel plays rock ’n’ roll and holiday classics to kick off the season.
- Dec. 14: Melchior Marionettes: Holiday Cabaret on Strings, a fast-paced cabaret of handcrafted marionettes at the Studio Theater.
- Jan. 18, 2020: Jefferson Street Parade Band, world music played by a uniquely colorful marching band.
- Feb. 8: Picture Book Songs with Professor Watermelon, author Chadwick Gillenwater and his puppets sing songs published as children’s books.
- March 28: Dorin!, trio plays songs with whimsical lyrics and memorable melodies.
- April 18: Phoenix Rising Dance Company: Imagination Station, an interactive trip to a magical world created through dance.
- May 9: Fiddle ’n’ Feet, high-energy percussive dance and old-time fiddle and banjo music.
For more, visit TheCenterPresents.org.