Eleven more roundabouts will soon be built in Carmel, along with an extension of Range Line Road renovations and repaving of Keystone Parkway.
Some projects are already under way, while others won’t begin construction until 2021. New roundabouts are in the works at:
- Carmel Drive and Pennsylvania Street (set for completion in early July)
- 96th Street and Haverstick Road (set for completion by July 4)
- 116th Street and Guilford Road (125-day partial closure beginning after July 15)
- 116th Street and College Avenue (125-day partial closure beginning after July 15)
- 111th Street and Westfield Boulevard (45 day closure, date TBD)
- 111th Street and Lexington Drive (60-day closure beginning on or after Labor Day)
- Illinois Street and Zotec Drive (60-day closure beginning on or after Aug. 31)
- Walnut Street and Range Line Road (beginning after Labor Day)
- 116th Street and Range Line Road (partial closure planned in 2021)
- Medical Drive and Range Line Road (partial closure planned in 2021)
- 111th Street and College Avenue (project planned in 2021)
Range Line Road will be renovated between City Center Drive and Elm Street to reduce lanes and add medians, bike lanes and raised pedestrian crosswalks.
Keystone Parkway will experience lane restrictions for approximately 60 days beginning on or after July 1 for repaving.
Clay Township is funding three of the roundabout projects, while the others will be funded through previously issued bonds, the engineering budget and federal highway sources.
“Carmel continues to grow with new residents and corporate employers, which means the number of vehicles using our road network is also growing,” Carmel Mayor Jim Brainard stated in a press release. “It is important that we keep ahead of the growth and keep our roadways safe and efficient for all of our residents, visitors and workers.”
According to the City of Carmel, the city’s five-year average fatality accident rate in 2019 was 2.136 per 100,000, compared to 11.585 in Indianapolis, 16.756 in Anderson, 11.358 in Ft. Wayne, 20.379 in Kokomo and 30.058 in Columbus.
Construction timelines are approximate and may change because of weather and other factors. Learn more at carmellink.com.