Citing a surge in COVID-19 cases and staffing concerns in public safety departments, the Town of Zionsville has canceled this year’s ZGravy Chase Main Street walk/run. But a virtual option will continue.
ZGravy Chase, an annual race held on Main Street on Thanksgiving Day, will be available in a walk-where-you-live format. All walkers and runners who chose to participate on Main Street will be moved to a neighborhood walk/run format. All participants can log their time using the RaceJoy app. There are nine neighborhoods with participants. Virtual registration will remain open through Thanksgiving Day.
“The organizing committee and staff are disappointed in the Town’s decision to cancel the Main Street portion of the fundraising event,” stated Rob Schien, the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County Board president. “ZGravy Chase is the biggest fundraiser of the year, so in an already tough year, this decision significantly impacts the Clubs’ operations budget. We trust the community will continue to support us by walking/running Thanksgiving Day and continuing to sign up to walk in neighborhoods.”
ZGravy Chase participant details:
- Race weekend for walkers/runners is from Thursday, Nov. 26 (Thanksgiving Day) to Sunday, Nov. 29. RaceJoy will be open for participants to add their time.
- Registration to walk/run where you live is online at zgravychase.org.
- Cost to run/walk at the event in Zionsville on Main Street is $30 per person with proceeds benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County.
- T-shirts will be available for pick up at the BGC Boone County Zionsville Unit at 1575 Mulberry St. Nov. 25 from noon to 6 p.m.
- Runners/walkers who have registered to be on Main Street Thanksgiving morning will be moved to the walk-where-you-live format. The registration waiver states refunds will not be given if the race moves to virtual.
- To join a team or create a team, use the neighborhood ambassador link on the registration website, runsignup.com/RaceGroups/87897.