Carmel finances – WalletHub, to determine where Americans are best at handling their finances, compared more than 2,500 cities based on 10 key indicators of money-management skills and found Carmel ranked in the 99th percentile. The data set ranges from the median credit score to average number of late payments to mortgage debt-to-income ratio.
Carmel residents’ scores, according to WalletHub:
- Median Credit Score (763)
- Credit-Card Debt-to-Income Ratio (4.42 percent) (81st percentile)
- Mortgage Debt-to-Income Ratio (245.21 percent) (81st percentile)
- Car-Loan Debt-to-Income Ratio (17.41 percent) (92nd percentile)
- Student-Loan Debt-to-Income Ratio (24.81 percent) (94th percentile)
- Avg. Number of Late Payments (1.49)
- Avg. % of Credit Used (43 percent)
- Foreclosure Rate (0.0088 percent)
For the full report, visit wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-at-money-management/19256.
CFD changes addresses – The Carmel Fire Dept. Staff Headquarters is moving to the old Trico Offices in the trustee building by Station 45. The department’s last day at Station 41 was Feb. 24. The address at the trustee office is the same as Station 45: 10701 N. College Ave. The department will no longer be able to accept any deliveries at Station 41. All shipments need to be shipped to the above address. Purchase orders now have the shipping address on them. The department will forward all USPS mail to City Hall where daily pickups will be made. The firefighters, along with engine, ladder, ambulance, and battalion, will remain at Station 41 for now, according to Tim Griffin, a CFD public information officer.