Then & Now: First Christian Church

0

The First Christian Church, at the southeast corner of Ninth and Maple streets in Noblesville, was designed by Fort Wayne architects Wing and Mahurin. The brick and limestone building was built in Victorian Gothic style in 1897 and features a beautiful bell tower more than four stories tall. Another outstanding feature of the building is the second-floor rosette window that measures about 12 feet in diameter. The First Christian Church held its last church service here in 1989. Since then, local attorney Ray Adler has renovated the church into professional offices (it was also renamed the Adler Building). In 1991, Adler received an award from Indiana Main Street for the Outstanding Adaptive Reuse category. (Photo by Robert Herrington)

Share.

Comments are closed.