With average home prices reaching $168,669 in May 2014, home sales prices are up 7 percent compared to May 2013.
Seven of the nine counties that F.C. Tucker tracks experienced slightly higher home sales prices in the first five months of 2014 compared to the same time period last year.
In Boone County, prices were up 9.2 percent reaching $276,054.
- The average sale price continues to climb in Zionsville. For the first five months of this year, homes sold for $376,292 on average – an increase of 9.2 percent compared to 2013.
- Of the home sales in Zionsville last month, two were priced $1 million to $2 million; 10 were priced $500,000 to $1 million; 20 were priced $300,000 to $499,999; 14 were priced $200,000 to $299,999; and six were priced $100,000 to $199,999.
- Home sales have declined in Zionsville, down to 52 homes in May 2014, a decrease of 44.7 percent compared to May 2013.
- Inventory has decreased in Zionsville. In May 2014, 210 homes were on the market. In May 2013, 227 homes were available for sale.
- Homes in Zionsville are selling at a faster pace. For the first five months of this year, homes stayed on the market an average of 82 days, which is 14 fewer days than the same time period last year.
Though sales have been slow to grow this year, we’re still optimistic.
Affordability and low interest rates have been favorable for buyers looking to make smart purchases, so we hope to see more positive momentum in the coming months.