Never mind a 2016 recap, here’s a partial precap for 2017:
- Jan. 20 – Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts looks on as Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey administers a 140-character version of the oath of office to the nation’s 45th president.
- Feb. 18 – President Trump travels to Moscow to attend groundbreaking ceremonies for a Trump Hotel and Casino.
- Mar. 22 – CNN expands its roster of paid Trump apologists to include David Buono, the head golf professional at Mar-a-Lago.
- Apr. 26 – Samsung releases its Galaxy Note 8 with a built-in smoke-alarm app.
- June 15 – Ivanka Trump appears at the Neiman Marcus in Scottsdale, Ariz., to launch her Baby Trump line of resort wear for affluent Republican toddlers.
- July 25 – The White House abruptly cancels an order for three Kohler toilets after Trump complains that the Obama Administration failed to negotiate a favorable deal.
- July 26 – House Speaker Paul Ryan says Wisconsin-based Kohler could suffer “irreparable damage.”
- Aug. 2 – Six reporters from the Huffington Post travel to Wisconsin to probe Toiletgate.
- Sept. 16 – Fox News Channel launches “The Undecideds,” in which “ordinary Americans” discuss why they are still unable to choose between Trump and Hillary Clinton.
- Oct. 13 – In Stockholm, the Nobel Prize in Literature is awarded to Miley Cyrus.
- Nov. 8 – President Trump visits the Barnes & Noble on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan to sign copies of a book containing his campaign speeches titled “The Art of the Spiel.”
- Dec. 1–President and Mrs. Trump begin a month-long holiday at the new Trump Hotel and Casino in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Vice President and Mrs. Pence travel to the Holiday Inn Express in Indianapolis.
Copyright 2016, Peter Funt, writer and author. Column distributed by Cagle Cartoons, Inc. Funt may be reached at www.candidcamera.com.