A yellow level travel advisory has been issued by the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office and Hamilton County Emergency Management for unincorporated roads in Hamilton County, effective Friday evening until further notice.
Yellow is the lowest level of local travel advisory and means that routine travel or activities may be restricted in areas because of a hazardous situation. Drivers should use caution or avoid those areas.
Unincorporated roads are those roads maintained by Hamilton County, usually roads outside of cities and towns. The National Weather Service is forecasting several inches of snow and has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Hamilton County until Saturday morning.
HCSO and HCEM also have issued the following reminders for drivers:
- Reduce speeds.
- Leave extra room between vehicles.
- Be sure all windows are clear of snow and ice.
- Turn on lights to increase visibility, even during the day.
- Be sure to keep an emergency kit, along with a fully charged cell phone, handy.
- In case of a slide-off or crash, contact Hamilton County Public Safety Communications at 317-773-1282 or 911 for an emergency.