CarmelFest’s July 3-4 entertainment set has a wide breadth of musical genres from classic rock, blues, pop, jazz and oldies, to new and classic country. It even has segments searching for the next new musical stars in “CarmelFest Has Talent.”
Steve Greenberg, volunteer manager of the North Stage for this year’s CarmelFest, is excited about this year’s lineup.
“We have a varied lineup for July 3 on the North Stage, including The Jennerators, a classic rock outfit; Kenny Phelps, who masters jazz and rhythm and blues; the Doug Henthorn Band, who is bringing a tribute to Tom Petty; and Mac McAnally, reigning Country Music Association’s Musician of the Year,” Greenberg said. “Mac is also a sideman in Jimmy Buffett’s Coral Reefer Band. This set showcases him playing all manner of stringed instruments and piano. He will be the perfect closer to the first day of the festival.”
The Gazebo stage on July 3 brings CarmelFest Has Talent, the Josh Kaufman Band of “The Voice” fame and the Wright Brothers classic country band.
“July 4 brings some CarmelFest favorites back to the North Stage,” Greenberg said. “Alternative rock band Phone Club, country outfit Airstream Betty, rockers The Cosmic Situation and tropical rock band Dwight Lightning and the Conch City All-Stars all precede My Yellow Rickshaw. I cannot wait for My Yellow Rickshaw’s show. They always deliver.”
On the Gazebo stage July 4 is Midwest Rhythm Exchange performing bluegrass and jazz, the conclusion of CarmelFest Has Talent, Amy Duke’s jazz musings and the Carmel Symphony Orchestra, which precedes the fireworks show. All shows are free.
- 3 to 4:30 p.m. The Jennerators (classic rock)
- 5 to 6:30 p.m. Kenny Phelps (R&B, jazz)
- 7 to 8:30 p.m. Doug Henthorn Band (Tom Petty tribute)
- 9 to 10:30 p.m. Mac McAnally (country)
- 3 to 5 p.m. CarmelFest Has Talent
- 5:30 to 7 p.m. Josh Kaufman Band (rock, soul)
- 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. The Wright Brothers (classic country, bluegrass)
- Noon to 1:15 p.m. Phone Club (alt-rock, pop)
- 1:45 to 3 p.m. Airstream Betty (country, southern rock)
- 3 to 4:45 p.m. Cosmic Situation (rock, blues, jazz)
- 5:15 to 7 p.m. Dwight Lightning and the Conch City All-Stars (trop rock, “gulf and western”, rock and country)
- 7:15 to 9:45 p.m. My Yellow Rickshaw (pop, rock, R&B, bluegrass)
- 1 to 3 p.m. Midwest Rhythm Exchange (bluegrass, blues, jazz)
- 3 to 4:30 p.m. CarmelFest Has Talent
- 5 to 7 p.m. Amy Duke Band (jazz)
- 8:30 to 9:45 p.m. Carmel Symphony Orchestra