At a meeting earlier this month to organize positions and committee appointments, the Noblesville Common Council selected Brian Ayer as its president for 2019.
Ayer, who was vice president in 2018, replaces Chris Jensen. Councilor Wil Hampton was chosen as vice president for 2019.
“I am excited for Brian to serve in this leadership position again and look forward to working with him and the entire common council in 2019 as we continue to make the community better and more prosperous,” Noblesville Mayor John Ditslear stated.
As the most tenured member on the Noblesville Common Council, Ayer began serving his fourth term in January 2016. During his years on the council, he has served on all council committees and was council president in 2008. As an at-large councilor, he represents all of Noblesville and Noblesville Township.
“The council’s goals for 2019 are to continue working to achieve the 10 Noblesville NOW capital improvement plan objectives and progressing forward on making improvements to our infrastructure, especially the major thoroughfares of Pleasant Street and (Ind.) 37,” Ayer stated.
Ayer has been a Noblesville resident since 1964 and graduated from Noblesville High School in 1976. He and his family started Ayer’s Real Estate in 1978, which serves Noblesville and Hamilton County. Ayer is a member of the Noblesville Chamber of Commerce and is a former chamber board president. He is a member and former board member of Noblesville Main Street and is a past board member for Habitat for Humanity of Hamilton County. He also has memberships at First United Methodist Church, the Noblesville Elks Lodge and Noblesville Moose Lodge.
The organizational meeting also appointed committee assignments to councilors for the year. They are:
- Building and Land Acquisition – Brian Ayer (chair) and Darren Peterson
- Downtown District – Rick Taylor (chair), Darren Peterson, Megan Wiles and Wil Hampton
- Economic Development – Wil Hampton (chair), Megan Wiles, Greg O’Connor and Darren Peterson
- Finance – Megan Wiles (chair), Chris Jensen, Greg O’Connor and Rick Taylor
- Parks – Rick Taylor (chair), Mark Boice, Roy Johnson and Greg O’Connor
- Public Safety – Roy Johnson (chair), Wil Hampton, Rick Taylor and Chris Jensen
- Roads/Traffic/Engineering – Chris Jensen (chair), Mark Boice, Roy Johnson and Megan Wiles
- Wastewater – Mark Boice (chair), Roy Johnson, Darren Peterson and Brian Ayer
- Nominating – Brian Ayer (chair), Wil Hampton and Chris Jensen
Special liaison appointments are:
- Noblesville Plan Commission – Darren Peterson
- Architectural Review Board – Darren Peterson and Brian Ayer
- Community Vision – Megan Wiles
- Tree Board – Rick Taylor
- Parking Task Force – Rick Taylor and Darren Peterson
- Cultural Arts District Liaison – Chris Jensen