You can already hear the banjos strumming in Sheridan, warming up the strings for the July 13-14 Sheridan BlueGrass Fever featuring eight bands, two days of foot kicking and plenty of nodding heads–all stuffed into a non-stop schedule coming together on the Veterans Park hillside.
“We’re so pleased with how plans are all coming together,” views Brenda Bush, event chair. “We have a great line-up and a hillside venue with a small marketplace and diverse food vendors to welcome area bluegrass lovers–fare that will be offering new food choices, including Greek and Chinese food selections to enjoy.”
And Robin Morris, who assembled talent as part of her role on the planning committee, added: “The variety of musicians will give audiences a package of sounds they look for in popular gatherings around Indiana,” she added. “Each year, we add to the festivities, experiment with the mix of experiences and keep it fresh as we build-out the event.”
2012 Sheridan BlueGrass Fever:
- Fri., July 13 – Admission: $5 (Seniors 60+ $4 ea., children under 12 free)
- 6 p.m. – Jeremy Morris and the Harvest Road Band
- 7 p.m. – Hickory Hollow Bluegrass Band
- 8:30 p.m. – Circle City Bluegrass Band
Saturday activities begin with music workshops at 10 a.m., free with the price of admission. Instructors will be available to teach beginner, intermediate and advanced banjo, fiddle, mandolin and guitar. At noon, a jam session will follow led by Thorntown Bluegrass Jammers and amateur musicians are welcome to join them under the gazebo.
Sat., July 14 – Admission: $10 (Children under 12 free)
- 10:00 a.m. – Music Workshops
- 12:00 p.m. – Jam Session, Thorntown Bluegrass Jammers
- 2:00 p.m. – Olivia Smiley & Main Street
- 3:00 p.m. – Branded Bluegrass
- 4:00 p.m. – Blue Mafia
- 5:00 p.m. – ABL GRY
- 6:00 p.m. – Jeremy Morris & the Harvest Road Band
- 7:00 p.m. – Branded Bluegrass
- 8:00 p.m. – Blue Mafia
- 9:00 p.m. – Olivia Smiley & Main Street
New this year is primitive camping in Biddle Memorial Park and arrangements can be made by contacting Linda Sutton at (317) 600-1180. Camping information is available by emailing: BlueGrassFever@sbcglobal.net.