A fire caused $200,000 in damages to a longtime downtown Noblesville business on March 26.
At 3:31 p.m. the Noblesville Fire Dept. was dispatched to Bolden’s Dry Cleaners, 151 N. Eighth St., and the first units on-scene stated they had heavy smoke and flames coming from the east side of the business. NFD Prevention Officer Todd Estes said the fire was extinguished by 3:48 p.m.
Estes said the business was open at the time of the fire and two employees and one customer were in the building when the fire occurred. All occupants were able to safely evacuate the business and call 911.
“The customer first noticed the fire and immediately informed the two employees in the store of the fire. The customer attempted to extinguish the fire with an extinguisher but was unsuccessful due to the intensity of smoke and heat conditions in the business,” Estes stated.
One employee was transported to Riverview Hospital for further evaluation with non-life threatening injuries.
Estes said the fire is under investigation but the three inside noticed the fire above a clothing carousel at the ceiling level.