F.C. Tucker Company reported more than 16,000 pended home sales in the first half of the year, resulting in a year-to-date increase of 8.8 percent compared to this time last year. Year-to-date sales prices also increased nearly 5 percent. The average year-to-date sales price for a home in the nine-county area was $182,627.
June 2015 pended home sales, however, slipped 4.8 percent compared to June 2014. F.C. Tucker reported 2,806 homes sold, a modest decline of 143 homes. Hamilton County is among the areas where sales slipped while prices trended up.
- In Hamilton County, 595 homes pended in June 2015, a decrease of 15.2 percent, while the average sale price climbed to $275,801, an increase of 3.5 percent.
- Specifically in the Fishers/Geist area, the average sale price in June 2015 rose 2.9 percent to $259,993, an uptick of $7,412 over June 2014.
- Of the pended home sales in the Fishers/Geist market last month, 11 were priced $500,000 to $999,999; 57 were priced $300,000 to $499,999; 52 were priced $200,000 to $299,999; 102 were priced $100,000 to $199,999 and two were priced at $99,999 or less.
- Inventory in the Fishers/Geist area is tightening. Last month, 581 homes were for sale, a decrease of 96 homes compared to June 2014.
- Pended home sales in the Fishers/Geist market have declined. In June 2015, 224 homes pended, a decrease of 11 homes compared to June 2014.
- Homes are selling at a steady pace in Fishers/Geist. On average, homes sold in 65 days during the first six months of this year – on par with the same time period last year.
Though conditions tilt toward a seller’s market, there are still great opportunities for buyers to find an array of houses at various price points.