Families can introduce young children to the joy of live performance through the Center for the Performing Arts’ Faegre Drinker Peanut Butter & Jam event series, which begins a new season Sept. 26 at the Carmel venue.
With fun and informal sessions designed specifically for ages 1 to 7, Faegre Drinker Peanut Butter & Jam takes place one Saturday each month from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Tickets are $10 per child, and each includes two free adult admissions, creating an affordable weekend outing for families.
All performances will take place in the Center’s Studio Theater, allowing sufficient space for safe distancing between families due to the coronavirus pandemic. Masks are required for all visitors 8 and older and strongly encouraged for children ages 3 to 7.
- Sept. 26, Live music by trio Dorin: This family-friendly band engages both children and adults with catchy melodies and whimsical and heartwarming lyrics that reflect the special bond family members have with the children they love. The band’s 2018 release “Do You Dream of Me?” is a collection of original love songs and lullabies.
- Oct. 31, Halloween with Ruditoonz: Children can dress in costume to sing and dance during this Halloween-themed rock ’n’ roll show.
- Nov. 7, Silly Safaris, Animal Tales Around the Campfire: Children can join Jungle John and his live animals around an imaginary campfire and meet animals that live in the woods. Jungle John will share stories about Indiana wildlife, and you’ll see all of your favorite animals, including those with scales, feathers, fur, and even slime.
- Dec 12, Melchior Marionettes, Holiday Cabaret on Strings: The show features a fast-paced, entertaining cabaret of handcrafted marionettes. Everyone can sing along with the holiday classics and other favorites.
- Jan. 30, 2021, Phoenix Rising Dance Company’s Imagination Station: Imagination Station is an interactive presentation, ideal for introducing the art of dance to children, their parents and grandparents. Phoenix Rising Dance Co. dancers will go on a trip to a magical world created by dancing children.
- Feb. 20, 2021, Making Music with Mr. Daniel: Sing and dance right from the start as attendees are led on a child-centered musical joyride of cherished traditional songs and interactive games.
- March 20, 2021, Katherine Nagy & Friends: Katherine Nagy is a singer and songwriter who was raised in Ireland. Her memories of these times and love of Irish folk music have greatly influenced her own songs and writing style. She will be joined by Austin Johnson and Dimitri Martin to perform her own Irish-inspired songs and familiar Irish tunes.
- April 24, 2021, Rainforest Rhythm Jam: Kids will experience a creative rhythmic adventure playing drums and percussion while having a great time jamming in the jungle with Ms. Lisa of Bongo Boy Music School.
- May 22, 2021, Martinie’s Boogie Three: The trio explores the rock ’n’ roll side of vintage blues and boogie-woogie piano, breathing new energy into dance music from the 1940s and ’50s.
For more, visit thecenterpresents.org.