A Zionsville woman was arrested for her involvement in an April 20, 2020, crash, according to town officials.
The charges are the result of a multijurisdictional investigation of the crash, which occured in the 200 block of South Ford Road in Zionsville. The crash involved the vehicle of Mary M. Villanueva, 21, of Zionsville, and a motorcycle. The motorcyclist suffered serious bodily injuries as a result of the crash.
On Jan. 15, Boone County Superior Court II issued a warrant for the arrest of Villanueva following an investigation.
Criminal charges filed on Villanueva include:
- causing catastrophic injury when operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, a Level 4 felony
- causing catastrophic injury when operating a motor vehicle with an ACE of .08 or more, a Level 5 felony
- operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person, a misdemeanor
- operating a vehicle with an alcohol concentration equivalent to 0.15 or more, a misdemeanor
- operating a vehicle while intoxicated, a misdemeanor
- public intoxication – endangers life of another, a misdemeanor
The Boone County FACT Team conducted the investigation into the circumstances contributing to the crash. The Boone County FACT Team includes personnel from the Zionsville Police Dept., Boone County Sheriff’s Office, Lebanon Police Dept., Whitestown Metropolitan Police Dept. and Boone County Prosecutor’s Office.